13/11/2019 - 21/11/2019
Montebello Islands, Western Australia
$CONTACT FOR BEST PRICE! (AUD)
FISHING THE MONTEBELLO ISLANDS
The Montebello Islands are one of Western Australia's most remote, pristine fishing destinations. Lying 130kms off the coast of Dampier, consisting of an archipelago of 174 small islands, the Monties (as it's affectionately known) is a fisherman’s paradise!
The species you can target at the Montebello Islands is endless and with 18 years of experience Captain Chad is happy to cater for what individual group wants to do each day.
The fishing opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Top Water Stickbaiting and Popping for GTs
- Shallow Water Casting for GTs, Coral Trout etc.
- Jigging for Red Emperor, Rankin Cod, Coral Trout, Saddletail Sea Perch etc.
- Trolling for Sailfish, Black Marlin, Yellowfin & Longtail Tuna, Sailfish and Wahoo
- Flats fly fishing for Blue Bastards, Permit, Black Spot Tusk Fish etc.
Your home for 7 days is aboard Blue Lightning. This 55ft Conquest is a custom built fishing machine. At the end of each day enjoy stepping off Blue Lightning to relax on a purpose built pontoon located in a 360 degree protected bay, along side San Souci the mothership. Heart Starter - a 26ft Boston Whaler is also available for Shallow Water casting, snorkelling and being dropped off to explore and fish one of the many islands in the group!
The trip offers 5 full days of fishing around the Montebello Islands.
Each day fishing typically runs from 8:00am - 4:00pm depending on the weather, tides and what the group wants to do on the day.
At the end of each day Blue Lightning heads back to it's fully protected anchorage and moors up against a purpose built pontoon. The pontoon is fitted with lounges, dining table and chairs to relax and enjoy the sunset, drinks and dinner. Also moored at the pontoon is the magnificent San Souci mothership.
MEALS, BEVERAGES, ACCOMMODATION
All meals and non alcoholic beverages are included in the price of the trip.
Accommodation is based on staying aboard Blue Lightning in an 8 person shared front berth (bunk beds) with power adaptors and air-conditioning. For and extra cost you have the option of having a private/twin share room on San Souci for the trip.
Day 1 - 13th November
Pick up from Karratha Airport and all luggage transferred to Blue Lightning
Go into Karratha for any last minute shopping for snacks / alcohol
Dinner in Karratha/Dampier
Accommodation on Blue Lightning (or optional to stay at the Mermaid for a small extra cost).
Day 2 - 14th November
5am start board Blue Lightning and depart for the Montebello Islands
Mixture of Trolling / Jigging Bottom fishing on the way to the Montebello Islands
6pm Arrive at the Montebello Islands
Day 3 (15th November) - Day 7 (19th November)
Flexible fishing options - the group can determine what they would like to do after chatting with Captain Chad each evening.
Day 8 - 20th November
Depart Montebello Islands Morning
Arrive back in port Late Afternoon
Dinner at Mermaid Hotel
Accommodation twin share rooms at Mermaid Hotel
Day 9 - 21st November
Morning transfer to Karratha Airport
- 7 days guided fishing aboard Blue Lightning
- All meals aboard Blue Lightning
- Accommodation aboard Blue Lightning (optional paid upgrade to private/twin share rooms aboard San Souci Mothership)
- Ground Transfers in Karratha, WA
- Filleting, Packing and Freezing of all fillets - packed into a sealed foam box on departure
- 10% Discount on fishing gear from Compleat Angler Nedlands (excluding some high end Japanese gear - though we'll do the best prices we can!)
- Return Flights to Karratha, Western Australia
- Medical and Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic Drinks
- First and Last night dinners in Karratha
- Upgraded accommodation to Twin Share Rooms aboard San Souci (Mothership)
For more information please contact Jon - email@example.com or Compleat Angler Nedlands - 0893891337